Display space is available in the library for educational, artistic, and cultural materials that promote interest in the use of books, library materials, and information. Preference will be given to exhibits that are timely and of general interest. The library director may reject any exhibit or display that does not fit with the mission of the library or that is not neat and presented in an attractive manner.
Display Rules and Regulations:
- Arrangements for exhibits must be made in advance with the library director.
- Displays that focus on a public issue (including elections and political issues) must include information about major aspects of differing points of view.
- Displays that are solely commercial in content are not appropriate.
- Placement of exhibits must be mutually agreeable to both the library and the exhibitor, and should in no way interfere with normal operation of the library.
- Labels for exhibit items must be neat and legible.
- Displays are presented for no longer than two months at a time.
- Displays must be suitable for all patrons. Items of a suggestive nature are prohibited.
The library will take reasonable care to ensure the safety and security of all items displayed.
If display items are not retrieved within 60 days, the library reserves the right to dispose of the items as it deems necessary.
The library provides a public bulletin board for patrons to post announcements. The content of the postings will be regulated by library staff and any postings that are deemed inappropriate will be removed.
The library does not necessarily espouse the views of any group wishing to post announcements for coming events. Announcements may be posted for no more than four weeks for any non-library event.