TAYLOR COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY COMPUTER USE POLICY
When beginning a computer session, you have agreed to abide by this policy
Monday, Wednesday, & Friday 9-5
Tuesday & Thursday 9-6:30
Saturday 9-3:30 (No exceptions)
Taylor County Public Library offers Internet access to any library visitor under the following provisions. Free Wireless access is also available.
- Users must have a Taylor County Public Library account in good standing (fines of $5 or less and no overdue items) to use a computer. Exceptions will be made for out of town visitors on a case by case basis.
- Usage is limited to one, 1 hour per session per day. Multiple sessions will be permitted under special circumstances.
- If longer than the one hour is needed for Serious Computer Work, notify library staff and an extension of the one hour session may be granted.
- Parents or guardians, not the library or its staff, are responsible for the Internet information selected and/or used by their children.
- Your session may be monitored by library staff and can be terminated for any violation of the computer usage policy.
- The Taylor County Public Library is not responsible for information that you may find offensive or inappropriate.
Patrons may not use the Internet for any unethical or illegal activity, included but not limited to:
- Transmitting, receiving, or displaying of pornographic materials.
- Use of harassing or obscene communications.
- User must respect the legal protections of data, software, copyright, and license laws.
- User may not use the library’s computers to make unauthorized entry into any other computer network or database.
- Users are not permitted to delete, add to, or modify the installed hardware or software. Users are not allowed to perform any operation that would threaten computer security..
Due to the emerging nature of the Internet/Computer, service policies are subject to change without notice and at the library’s discretion. The library reserves the right to terminate a Patron’s access to the Internet/Computer for any violation of our Internet Access Policy. This current policy overrides any previous versions of the Computer Use Policy.